The food truck scene in Puerto Rico has exploded over the past year or so. No longer just serving up burgers and fries, the current crop of food trucks are serving up gourmet quality menus incorporating the freshest ingredients; at affordable prices.
Trucks such as Yummy Dumplings, Thon Thai and Nam Pla are serving up great asian inspired dishes with a Puerto Rican twist.
NanoBox and El Naqui are popular trucks serving up high quality fusion cuisine.
El Camper and Dondesea are pumping out artisan inspired sandwiches, burgers and more.
Whether parked at the side of the road, in a parking lot or even in their own permanent lot, the food trucks here in Puerto Rico are well worth searching out for a tasty and inexpensive meal.
Opening hours vary by food truck but most will be open for lunch Monday to Friday, with some having extended hours on weekends and evenings. As well as their regular hours you will find some of the most popular trucks participating in regular Food Truck Festivals big and small around the island. These festivals are a great way to sample dishes from a variety of trucks all in one place.
Keep an eye on our Calendar Page for the latest information of food truck festivals
Here at TastingPuertoRico we plan on visiting as many as we can and in particular:
- Yummy Dumplings (Corner of Avenue Arterial Hostos and Calle Chardon, San Juan)
- El Naqui (In Front of Puma & Horreo V. Suarez near Metro Office Park, Guaynabo)
- Thon Thai (In Front of Puma & Horreo V. Suarez near Metro Office Park, Guaynabo)
- Nam Pla (Food Truck Square, 1319 Avenida Franklin D. Roosevelt, San Juan)
- El Camper (Food Truck Square, 1319 Avenida Franklin D. Roosevelt, San Juan)
- Dondesea (Between Farmacia Luis and Ciudadela on Avenue Ponce de Leon, San Juan)
- La Chilanguita (Carr 189 km 4.0 gurabo)
- Nanobox (Currently only doing Festivals and Events)
- Jack’s Shack (Road 4413 The Point, Rincon)
- Di Lena (Carr. 115, In Front of Rincon of the Seas, Rincon)
- And more…
Got a favorite Puerto Rico Food Truck, let us know below.