The 2016 Festival Gastronomico Porta Del Sol takes place in Mayagüez from April 22-24 and is the largest food festival on the west coast of Puerto Rico.
The 3 day event will feature Top Chef Porto Del Sol as well as great food from international and Puerto Rico based chefs and special guest chef José Ramírez-Ruiz from popular Brooklyn restaurant Semilla.
Participating chefs include:
- José Ramírez-Ruiz (Samilla, Brooklyn)
- Chef Efrain Cruz (InterContinental San Juan Resort & Casino)
- Chef Giovanna Huyke (Mio Restaurant, Washington)
- Chef Angel Santiago (Lola Eclectic Cuisine, Ponce)
- Chef Jeremie Cruz (Eclipse Restaurant, Isabella)
- Chef Fernando Parilla (Asador San Miguel, Naranjito)
- Chef Rosita Rosado
- Chef Héctor Guzman (Top Chef Porta Del Sol 2015)
- Chef Héctor Escobar (Top Chef Porta Del Sol 2014)
- Chef Luis Piñeiro (Top Chef Porta Del Sol 2013)
- Chef José Carles (Royal Isabela)
- Chef Damian Hernandez (Jet Blast Bar & Grill, Aguadilla)
- Chef Xavier Soto
- Chef José Rodriguez (Ceviche 787)
- And more…
Festival Gastronomico Porta Del Sol Schedule (subject to change)
Friday April 22
Coctel Una Noche 5 Estrellas, 8 – midnight @ Mayaguez Resort and Casino ($50pp)
An exclusive and elegant cocktail evening featuring Chef Jose Ramirez and seven Top Chefs from Puerto Rico.
Saturday April 23
Main Festival Event, 6 – 11pm @ Parque Litoral, Mayagüez ($60pp)
25 Top Chefs and more than 70 exhibitors including 40 restaurants, 15 houses wines, spirits and live music.
Sunday April 24
Brunch & Mimosa’s Tasting, 10am – 2pm @ Mayaguez Resort and Casino ($35pp)
Festival Gastronomico Porta Del Sol
When: April 22 – 24, 2016
More Info: Website