Carne Molida aka Ground Beef is a popular food staple here in Puerto Rico and is used as the bases of many dishes.
Think; empandillas, pastelon, served with rice or mofongo, the list goes on. I have even seen it as a snack dish at many parties here in Puerto Rico.
It is super easy to make and very versatile
What you will need (adjust ratios as needed)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- Adobo Seasoning (about 1Tbsp)
- 1 packet Sazón Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp sofrito
- 8-10 Spanish salad olives
- 2 small potatoes (peeled & cubed) – optional
- Season ground beef with adobo
- Add ground beef to a large pan and begin to brown on low to medium heat
- Add the Sofrito, Sazon Seasoning, Tomato Paste, Tomato Sauce, Olives and Potatoes and cook on low until the ground beef is cooked and potatoes are tender
Serve with white rice (arroz blanco), or use as the meat base for empanadillas, pastelon and more.
Check out more recipes here