Returning for its 2nd year the UPR Food Truck Summer Fest will take place on Sunday July 3, 2016 from 12 – 7pm.
Just like last years inaugural event the UPR Food Truck Summer Fest will take place at the UPR Botanical Gardens in Rio Piedras. The Botanical Gardens is a massive 75 acres of lush vegetation and makes for a great summer festival location..
The entrance fee is a suggested $5 donation that will help towards the university’s scholarship programs.
There will be an agricultural market, local artisans displaying and selling their products, a kids zone and entertainment provided by The Tooflmier Band (alumni from the Dentistry School), Siglo XXI Steel Band, Jarana Jaguar and La Muralla.
The main event is of course the food trucks and lining up for this years festival are:
- Acai on the GO, Fruit bowls, drinks and more
- Antohaus Food Truck (Gurabo), steakburgers, pulled pork, pulled chicken and korean tacos
- Cevicheria Incaínos (Hato Rey, San Juan), Ceviche
- Cool Hope (San Juan), Artisan Ice Cream
- Crazy Sushi (Carolina), Sushi
- Dudes Grilled Cheese (San Juan), Speciality Grilled Cheese
- El Gastro Spot (Cayey), Creative Burgers, Tacos and more
- Il Risotto Food Truck (San Juan), Specialising in Rissotto
- Isla Pops (Aguadilla), Artisanal Ice Pops and more
- La Alcapurria Quemá (San Juan), Caribbean, Latin American and Soul Food
- Lemon Submarine (San Juan), Freshly Qqueezed Lemonade, Smoothies and more
- Peko Peko (Santurce, San Juan) Japanese
- Piscolabis Food Truck (Dorado), Gourmet Puerto Rican Food Truck
- Que Rico Catering Food Truck (Caguas), Puerto Rican Jibara / International Cuisine
- The Meatball Company (San Juan), meatballs and more
- Todo Frutas Express (cabo Rojo), Fresh Natural Frappes and more
- UMAMI Food Truck (Gurabo), Gourmet Creative Cuisine
This is a popular event for all the family; I’d recommend getting there early :o)
Parking is available and there will also be transportation from the Cayey Urban Tren Station
2nd UPR Food Truck Summer Fest
When: 12 – 7pm, July 3, 2016
Location: Botanical Gardens in Rio Piedras
GPS: 18.392519, -66.055318
Cost: $5 donation requested + cost of food / purchases
More Info: Facebook